2021 Conditions of Entry
The Art Unlimited event will take place at Dunedoo Central School Hall, Digilah Street, Dunedoo NSW 2844 on 22 & 23 May and 29 & 30 May 2021. There is no selection process and all entries (to a maximum of five per artist per category) will be accepted unless they fail to comply with the competition's Terms and Conditions. Artists will only be notified if works fail to comply with these conditions.
Closing Date for entry forms: Thursday 22 April, 2021
Date for postal delivery of artworks: Prior to Thursday 13 May 2021
Date for personal delivery of artwork: Saturday 15 May & Sunday 16 May 2021 (9am-3pm)
Judging: Friday 21 May 2021
Official opening & prize announcement: 7pm, Friday 21 May 2021
Date for removal of artworks: Sunday 30 May 2021 (3pm-7pm)
Submit Entry Forms:
PO BOX 51
Dunedoo NSW 2844
Bank Transfer: Lions Club of Dunedoo Art Unlimited
Reference must be included: Artist's Name
Cheques or money orders must be made payable to Art Unlimited and posted to: Art Unlimited, PO Box 51, Dunedoo NSW 2844.
Conditions Of Entry
1. Artists are invited to enter the 2021 Art Unlimited competition by posting a completed entry form, together with a $12 entry fee for each work entered, to the above-mentioned postal address. Artists are limited to a maximum of five (5) entries per category.
Cheques or money orders must be made payable to Art Unlimited. Late entries will not be accepted.
Entry forms may also be submitted online via the Art Unlimited website: .
2. All hanging works MUST meet the following criteria:
a) Hanging art – two (2) dimensional in any media and READY TO HANG securely with 2 D-rings attached to the back of the frame no more than 5cm from the top. There is no need to use wire or string between the D-rings in the traditional manner. Maximum weight of each work must not exceed 28kg. If entries do not comply with these specifications, they will not be exhibited or be eligible for judging.
b) Photography – must be photo-based work, including all types of analogue or digital photography, professionally framed or stretched, on any material, and in all cases READY TO HANG securely with 2 D-rings attached to the back of the frame no more than 5cm from the top. Work that is unframed must be presented with 2 D-rings or loops attached to the back ready to hang on the hooks provided. There is no need to use wire or string between the D-rings or loops in the traditional manner. Maximum weight of each work must not exceed 28kg. If entries do not comply with these specifications, they will not be exhibited or be eligible for judging.
c) Ceramic piece – functional or decorative ceramic work.
3. Members of the committee and judging panel may exhibit works for sale in the Art Unlimited exhibition but cannot take part in the Art Unlimited competition and will be excluded from the judging process.
4. Artists may enter multiple individual artworks to a maximum of five (5) works per category. The same entry procedure and a separate $12 entry fee applies to each artwork submitted.
5. Any images of works entered may be reproduced at the discretion of the committee (including on the Art Unlimited website) for promotional purposes and at no cost to the committee.
6. If the artwork is for sale, the sale price (including commission) must be included on the entry form and on the back of the work.
7. In the event that works are deemed unsuitable or do not meet the competition criteria, the independent selection panel reserves the right to withdraw artworks from the competition.
8. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence or discussion regarding its decision will be entered into. By participating in the competition, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the competition committee and judging panel. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
9. Entry fees paid will be not be refunded under any circumstances. Costs relating to the return of artwork(s) will be the sole responsibility of the artist.
10. The closing date for entry forms is Thursday 22 April, 2021. Entry forms will not be accepted beyond this date.
11. The date for postal delivery of artworks is prior to Thursday 13 May, 2021. Artworks must be personally delivered ONLY on Saturday 15 May & Sunday 16 May, 2021 (9am-3pm) to:
Dunedoo Central School Hall
Dunedoo NSW 2844
PO BOX 51, Dunedoo NSW 2844
12. Artworks received after this date will be excluded from the Art Unlimited event.
13. Art Unlimited will receive a 25% commission of all works sold throughout the duration of the Art Unlimited event.
14. Delivery and return transport arrangements to and from the Art Unlimited event must be organised and paid for by the artist. A list of couriers can be found here.
15. All artworks must be clearly marked on the back with the artist’s name, address, title and date of work. If the work is for sale, also include the sale price on the back (including gallery commission). If the artist is registered for GST, the sale price must include GST. The sale price will not be changed.
16. All delivered artworks must be adequately packaged and marked with the artist’s name and address in marking pen. Artworks that arrive damaged will not be exhibited. The artist will be notified. All returned artworks will be wrapped in the same material they were delivered in.
17. An artwork must be presentable for exhibition according to the Terms and Conditions. Any artworks that are not ready to hang for display to the stipulated professional standard will not be included in the Art Unlimited event.
18. The cost of transit insurance must be met by the artist. The Art Unlimited committee accepts no responsibility/liability for any damage incurred to the artworks.
19. Following the Art Unlimited event all artworks must be collected/returned Sunday 30 May (3pm-7pm) 2021. Art Unlimited will not have insurance or holding capacity beyond this date.
20. Entries will be covered by Art Unlimited insurance for the duration of the Dunedoo event only (from 9am Thursday 13 May 2021 until 7pm Sunday 30 May 2021).
21. Entry to all categories is restricted to artists aged 18 years and over.