Conditions Of Entry
1. Artists are invited to enter the 2023 Art Unlimited competition by posting a completed entry form, together with a $12 entry fee for each work entered, to the above-mentioned postal address. Artists are limited to a maximum of five (5) entries per category.
Cheques or money orders must be made payable to Art Unlimited. Late entries will not be accepted.
Entry forms may also be submitted online via the Art Unlimited website: www.artunlimitednsw.com.au.
2. All hanging works MUST meet the following criteria:
a) HANGING ART – two (2) dimensional in any media and READY TO HANG securely with 2 D-rings attached to the back of the frame no more than 5cm from the top. There is no need to use wire or string between the D-rings in the traditional manner. Maximum weight of each work must not exceed 28kg. If entries do not comply with these specifications, they will not be exhibited or be eligible for judging.
b) PRINTMAKING – must be original artwork, on paper or fabric, which has been conceived by the artist to be realised as a print, rather than a reproduction of a work in another medium. Images can be made using various techniques of multiplication, done by the hand of the artist, including woodcut, linocut, engraving, etching, lithograph, collagraphs and screen printing. Prints should include details of number of prints in the edition. Works must be presented READY TO HANG as specified for Hanging Art. If entries do not comply with these specifications, they will not be exhibited or be eligible for judging
c) PHOTOGRAPHY – must be photo-based work, including all types of analogue or digital photography, professionally framed or stretched, on any material, and in all cases READY TO HANG securely as specified for Hanging Art. If entries do not comply with these specifications, they will not be exhibited or be eligible for judging.
d) CERAMIC PIECE – functional or decorative ceramic work.
3. Members of the committee and judging panel may exhibit works for sale in the Art Unlimited exhibition but cannot take part in the Art Unlimited competition and will be excluded from the judging process.
4. Artists may enter multiple individual artworks to a maximum of five (5) works per category. The same entry procedure and a separate $12 entry fee applies to each artwork submitted.
5. Any images of works entered may be reproduced at the discretion of the committee (including on the Art Unlimited website) for promotional purposes and at no cost to the committee.
6. If the artwork is for sale, the sale price (including commission) must be included on the entry form and on the back of the work.
7. In the event that works are deemed unsuitable or do not meet the competition criteria, the independent selection panel reserves the right to withdraw artworks from the competition.
8. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence or discussion regarding its decision will be entered into. By participating in the competition, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the competition committee and judging panel. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
9. Entry fees will be not be refunded under any circumstances. Costs relating to the return of artwork(s) will be the sole responsibility of the artist.
10. Closing date for entry forms is Thursday 20 April, 2023. Entry forms will not be accepted beyond this date.
11. The date for postal delivery of artworks is prior to Thursday 11 May, 2023. Artworks must be personally delivered ONLY on Saturday 13 May & Sunday 14 May, 2023 (9am-4pm) to:
Dunedoo Central School Hall
Dunedoo NSW 2844
PO BOX 4, Dunedoo NSW 2844
12. Artworks received after this date will be excluded from the Art Unlimited event.
13. Art Unlimited will receive a 25% commission of all works sold throughout the duration of the Art Unlimited event.
14. Delivery and return transport arrangements to and from the Art Unlimited event must be organised and paid for by the artist.
15. All artworks must be clearly marked on the back with the artist’s name, address, title and date of work. If the work is for sale, also include the sale price on the back (including gallery commission). If the artist is registered for GST, the sale price must include GST. The sale price will not be changed.
16. All delivered artworks must be adequately packaged and marked with the artist’s name and address in marking pen. Artworks that arrive damaged will not be exhibited. The artist will be notified. All returned artworks will be wrapped in the same material they were delivered in.
17. An artwork must be presentable for exhibition according to the Terms and Conditions. Any artworks that are not ready to hang for display to the stipulated professional standard will not be included in the Art Unlimited event.
18. The cost of transit insurance must be met by the artist. The Art Unlimited committee accepts no responsibility/liability for any damage incurred to the artworks.
19. Following the Art Unlimited event all artworks must be collected/returned Sunday 28 May (3pm-7pm) 2023. Art Unlimited will not have insurance or holding capacity beyond this date.
20. Entries will be covered by Art Unlimited insurance for the duration of the Dunedoo event only (from 9am Thursday 11 May 2023 until 7pm Sunday 28 May 2023).
21. Entry to all categories is restricted to artists aged 18 years and over.
22. No changes to artwork details for catalogue permitted after Monday 8 May 2023.